Thursday 12 September 2019

My forest is green

The senior kindergartens have gone on several nature walks this week. We try to have a purpose to the experience, often reading a book to set the stage. This week, one of our stories was “My Forest is Green”. 


It is about a little boy who describes the forest outside his window in different ways. We started by brainstorming different ways to complete the sentence...”my forest is....” Next we went on a walk and noticed different things and verbalized the sentence that went with what we saw.
My forest is short.

My forest is crunchy.

My forest is red.
My forest is seedy.

My forest is spikey.

My forest is prickly.

My forest is blue (blue seeds).
My forest is swampy.

My forest is grassy.

My forest is alive.

My forest is leafy.
It was a fun experience, and gave students something to focus on and find descriptive words to talk about. We will do something similar next week with the Junior Kindergartens.






No comments:

Post a Comment