Wednesday 21 December 2016

The Year Ahead

It is with great sadness that I must announce that I will not be one of your child's teacher in the new year.I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.  My surgery is next week and after that, the course of treatment will be determined.  I am very positive and am surrounded by an incredible group of supportive people.  It is very difficult for me to leave these two wonderful classes of children as they are truly kind, gentle, capable students whom I love and I have truly had the pleasure of teaching.  I have not been able to tell them that I will not be continuing as their teacher.  I am hoping that you will help me by explaining that Mrs. Sonnenburg is sick and she is working hard with doctors to make her better soon. No doubt you are worried about your wonderful child...rest assured, that he or she is still surrounded by a wonderful team of extremely talented Kindergarten teachers.  There will be a new teacher in my place and the announcement will be made shortly of who that will be. Obviously Cassie Byrne will remain in her current role and every effort will be made to maintain as much consistency as possible. In the meantime, if you wish to communicate specifically with an English teacher, please don't hesitate to contact Ms. Byrne at cassandra.byrne@ocdsb.ca.  I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday, and all the best in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment